Shortbread Cookie with Pecans
- Stand Mixer / Hand Mixer / Bowl and Spoon
- Measuring Cup and spoons
- Knife and Cutting Board
- 13" x 9" Baking Dish**
- Rubber Spatula
- Bench Scraper
- Wax or Parchement Paper
- Hot pads / Baker's Cooling Rack
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsalted Butter Softened
- 1/2 Cup Powdered (Confectioner's) Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Cups Flour All Purpose (AP Flour)
- 1 Cup Nuts (Pecans, Almonds, Walnuts) Toasted & Chopped
Toast the nuts. Let cool completely before chopping.
- This can be completed in the oven on a sheet pan (about 5 to 10 minutes) or on the stovetop in a sauté pan (about 3 to 5 minutes)
- Just be mindful that it does not take long to go from almost toasted to well done.
Preheat oven to 300°F
- Beat in bowl the butter, powder sugar, sugar, and salt until creamed.
- tir in flour, then nuts. Lightly mix until starting to combine or pull away from mixing bowl.
- Press the dough into an UNGREASED baking pan (8” square is recommended for single version) until it is even.
- Using a fork, make a decorative pattern by piercing the tines deeply throughout dough.
- Bake until the shortbread is lightly browned on top and darker on the edges, 45 to 50 minutes.**
Optional Additions (For Extra Indulgence):
- Sprinkle Heath Bar bits over the top while it is still warm.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips across the top while still warm.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle across the top and add Heath Bar bits or nuts.